(1.3 hours to learn)
The dot product is an operation on vectors. It is used to define notions such as vector length, perpendicular vectors, and angles between vectors.
This concept has the prerequisites:
Core resources (read/watch one of the following)
→ Introduction to Linear Algebra
An introductory linear algebra textbook with an emphasis on numerical methods.
Location: Section 1.2, pages 11-17
→ Multivariable Mathematics
A textbook on linear algebra and multivariable calculus with proofs.
Location: Section 1.2, "Dot product," pages 8-13
- create concept: shift + click on graph
- change concept title: shift + click on existing concept
- link together concepts: shift + click drag from one concept to another
- remove concept from graph: click on concept then press delete/backspace
- add associated content to concept: click the small circle that appears on the node when hovering over it
- other actions: use the icons in the upper right corner to optimize the graph placement, preview the graph, or download a json representation