functions of several variables
(1.5 hours to learn)
Multivariable calculus deals with functions of multiple variables. For two dimensions, we can visualize these with graphs or with level sets.
-this concept has no prerequisites-
Core resources (read/watch one of the following)
→ Multivariable Calculus
An introductory multivariable calculus textbook.
Location: Section 13.2, "Functions of several variables," pages 850-857
→ Multivariable Mathematics
A textbook on linear algebra and multivariable calculus with proofs.
Location: Section 2.1, "Scalar- and vector-valued functions," pages 53-61
-No Additional Notes-
- create concept: shift + click on graph
- change concept title: shift + click on existing concept
- link together concepts: shift + click drag from one concept to another
- remove concept from graph: click on concept then press delete/backspace
- add associated content to concept: click the small circle that appears on the node when hovering over it
- other actions: use the icons in the upper right corner to optimize the graph placement, preview the graph, or download a json representation