Gaussian variable elimination
Marginalization in Gaussian MRFs can be performed in cubic time by inverting a matrix, but this is too slow for some applications. If the model has the right structure, variable elimination can result in a big speedup.
This concept has the prerequisites:
Core resources (we're sorry, we haven't finished tracking down resources for this concept yet)
Supplemental resources (the following are optional, but you may find them useful)
→ Probabilistic Graphical Models: Principles and Techniques
A very comprehensive textbook for a graduate-level course on probabilistic AI.
Location: Section 14.2-14.2.2, pages 608-612
- create concept: shift + click on graph
- change concept title: shift + click on existing concept
- link together concepts: shift + click drag from one concept to another
- remove concept from graph: click on concept then press delete/backspace
- add associated content to concept: click the small circle that appears on the node when hovering over it
- other actions: use the icons in the upper right corner to optimize the graph placement, preview the graph, or download a json representation