parameterizing lines and planes
(2.3 hours to learn)
Lines and planes can be defined either as spans of vectors or as solutions to systems of linear equations. Vector operations (in particular, dot products and cross products) allow us to convert between these representations. These tools also let us compute distances between points, lines, and planes.
This concept has the prerequisites:
Core resources (read/watch one of the following)
- These ideas can be extended to parameterize surfaces .
- create concept: shift + click on graph
- change concept title: shift + click on existing concept
- link together concepts: shift + click drag from one concept to another
- remove concept from graph: click on concept then press delete/backspace
- add associated content to concept: click the small circle that appears on the node when hovering over it
- other actions: use the icons in the upper right corner to optimize the graph placement, preview the graph, or download a json representation