(30 minutes to learn)
The Wishart distribution is a distribution over positive semidefinite matrices. It is most often used as the conjugate prior for the precision matrix of a multivariate Gaussian.
This concept has the prerequisites:
Core resources (read/watch one of the following)
→ Machine Learning: a Probabilistic Perspective
A very comprehensive graudate-level machine learning textbook.
Location: Section 4.5, pages 125-127
- sampling from a Wishart distribution
- math tricks for Wishart distributions
- create concept: shift + click on graph
- change concept title: shift + click on existing concept
- link together concepts: shift + click drag from one concept to another
- remove concept from graph: click on concept then press delete/backspace
- add associated content to concept: click the small circle that appears on the node when hovering over it
- other actions: use the icons in the upper right corner to optimize the graph placement, preview the graph, or download a json representation